The bathroom is one of the places in your home that can benefit from a bit of design boost. While you might not want to splurge on an estate or full-sized tub, there are some easy ways to turn your small bathroom into a sanctuary and get rid of clutter and grime at the same time.
From just a few simple upgrades, you can create a clean and fresh design theme that is sure to impress everyone who steps foot inside your bathroom. Maybe it’s time for a bathroom remodel project to begin?
Below are some valuable ideas from interior designers that you might be interested in following.
Here are ten small bathroom ideas from interior designers
- Use marble as flooring or for the countertop of the sink area; it’s luxurious and makes any small space look spacious.
- Deep, paint-on shelving in a dark color will make a small room feel more spacious while adding character and making it feel cozy.
- Use lighting to create the feeling of a larger space. Bright but soft lights installed along your shower line will add depth and give the illusion of height while also creating a sparkling effect on the water.
- Add a chandelier to your ceiling for an immediate impact in small spaces.
- You can use exclusive wallpaper on walls or behind the vanity areas – this will create the feeling of height while adding texture and color to your space.
- If you don’t have room for a tub, install a walk-in shower with sleek glass doors and see your bathroom double in size. You can call your Kamloops plumber (or a plumbing professional near you) to install additional bathroom fixtures to add the element of luxury.
- The ceiling is often the last thought on a designer’s mind in any room, yet it can make or break a small space. If you don’t have the budget for renovations, though, paint it a light, bright color to make the room feel even more prominent.
- Take inspiration from European-style bathrooms and install a bidet for a classy look – you’ll find that it’s much more economical than using toilet paper all of the time.
- For spa-worthy looking interiors, make sure you replace your bathtub faucet with an all-in-one model that has the shower built into it; not only does this save space, but it creates a seamless look.
- If space allows, go for high-end finishes like natural stone tiles to give your small bathroom a luxurious feel and texture.
The Right Time To Upgrade Your Bathroom
You have to start bathroom remodeling when you see that your bathroom space needs improvement. It’s a good idea to start thinking about upgrading if you have a less-than-appealing bathroom or want to create a more functional space in your home.
The basic guideline is that if your bathroom looks tired and dated, it could be time to get modernizing. That means more space for storage solutions, more room in the shower, and a beautiful new sink in many homes.
Planning Before Upgrading Your Bathroom
The first step is to take note of everything that is wrong with your current bathroom. As you do, make a list of the essential elements for upgrading – such as more storage space or an additional shower – and come up with a general budget. Keep in mind not to discard the current elements so that you can accommodate newer ones. If they are in perfect condition, you can make plans to accommodate them or look for self-storage units (like Boombox Storage, for instance) that can store these belongings of yours for you. If at all in the future, there happens to be a use for them, you can use them or sell them at a reasonable price for someone who might find use with it.
Also, if you don’t keep track of the details and go shopping without a plan, it’s unlikely that anything will turn out the way you expect it.
Before you start looking for products, make sure that you have estimated the total cost of everything – this will help ensure that your budget is followed throughout the upgrade process.
Well, you could avoid all this hassle by simply explaining your ideas and demands to an abled professional from a bathroom remodeling company like Action Builders – a design build remodeling company in Pittsburgh. You could look for a similar remodeling service provider in your area to get your bathroom, the desired upgrade.
How Should You Get Started?
For your bathroom renovation to be successful, you’ll need to work with an experienced bathroom remodeling contractor who can help you identify the best solutions for your space. It would be best to think about what budget you have and know how much things cost upfront, so there aren’t any surprises later on.
What Are The Most Common Upgrades?
You can do many different things to upgrade your bathroom, both large and small. You can always hire professionals to get the more complicated bathroom remodeling services done faster.
Here are some of the most popular updates that homeowners choose when giving their bathrooms an overhaul:
- Change your old light fixture for a modern chandelier or sleek sconce.
- Swap out the old bathtub faucet with a single-lever unit that includes a shower as well as other upgrades like an integrated body sprayer and portable head, rainmaker function, hand shower, and more.
- Strip tiles or replace broken tiles.
- Add a new sink, toilet, and vanity area.
- Remove any unsightly old vents from the ceiling and add some beautiful wall art to add color.
Budgeting For Bathroom Renovations
The cost will depend on what you want to get done. For an essential overhaul that includes replacing outdated bathroom fixtures, flooring, and wall tiles, you’re looking at about $10,000-$15,000.
If you want to add in some modern conveniences like a bidet or remote control shower area, expect the cost to be around $20,000 or more. You can also consult with bathroom remodeling companies to get a free quote.
Costs will vary widely depending on the size of your bathroom, the features you want, and the fixtures that you select. You can expect to spend anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000 for a complete upgrade – but it will be well worth every penny!
Why It’s Vital To Upgrade Your Bathroom?
A bathroom is the one place in your home where you spend a good deal of your time; it’s essential to make this area as beautiful and functional as possible.
If your current bathroom doesn’t have the space or modern amenities that you need, then it’s an indication that upgrading is necessary. Upgrading your bathroom will provide you with the additional space you need to make it an enjoyable place.
What Are The Benefits Of Upgrading Your Bathroom?
There are many benefits to doing a home upgrade project, including increasing its value and making your life easier. Upgrading may also reduce stress levels because old fixtures will no longer be an issue.
One of the most significant benefits of upgrading your bathroom is that it can increase the value of your home by as much as 10%. If you spend $3,000 on a new bathroom, you will get back anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000. In addition to all the money you put into the upgrade.
The added space that you get with an upgraded bathroom is also highly beneficial if you’re looking to create a spa-like retreat; this is made possible by things like large showers, luxurious sinks, and comfortable new flooring.
Upgrade your bathroom now!